Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick1 cup uncooked whole grain brown rice1/4 cup orange marmalade1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce1/2 teaspoon salt4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided2 yellow or red bell peppers, cut into strips1 medium onion, thinly sliced1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Combine orange marmalade, chili-garlic sauce and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry bell peppers and onion 2 to 3 minutes. Add asparagus; stir-fry 1 minute. Add beef and orange marmalade mixture; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Nutrition information per serving: 471 calories; 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 70 mg cholesterol; 538 mg sodium; 59 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 32 g protein; 11.0 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 42.9 mcg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc; 127.8 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.