KOREAN BBQ BEEF ON LETTUCE
Total Recipe Time: 45 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)3/4 cup Korean barbecue sauce (bulgogi beef mariande), divided1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper1 cup instant brown rice1 large carrot, cut into 1x1/2x1/4-inch strips1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half12 Boston lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Season steak with pepper. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Toss carrot with rice vinegar; set aside.
- To make sauce, heat remaining barbecue sauce in small saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in half & half.
- Top lettuce leaves with equal amounts rice and steak. Drizzle with sauce; top with carrot strips and sesame seeds.
Nutrition information per serving: 303 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 67 mg cholesterol; 423 mg sodium; 29 g carbohydrate; 2.6 g fiber; 27 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.9 mg iron; 33.7 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 104.0 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber, iron and choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.