KOREAN BEEF & VEGETABLE BOWLS
Total Recipe Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1 cup uncooked rice1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)1/2 teaspoon garlic salt4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mix1 cup Korean barbecue sauce marinade
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise diagonally into 1/4-inch thick strips. Season steak with garlic salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli stir-fry mix; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve in bowls.
Nutrition information per serving: 502 calories; 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 1053 mg sodium; 67 g carbohydrate; 3.0 g fiber; 30 g protein; 8.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.6 mg iron; 34.1 mcg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc; 93.0 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.