BISTRO STEAK & MEDITERRANEAN POTATO MEDLEY
Total Recipe Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients2 well-trimmed boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (6 to 8 ounces each)1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided3 teaspoons Greek seasoning blend, divided2 large red potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch slices2 zucchini (about 6 inches), cut lenghtwise in quarters1 cup red seedless grapes, halved1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley2 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Rub both sides of steaks with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning.
- Combine potatoes, zucchini, remaining oil and Greek seasoning in medium bowl; toss gently to coat vegetables.
- Place vegetables in grill basket over medium, ash-covered coals 15 to 20 minutes (over medium heat on gas grill) or until cooked but still firm. Place steaks alongside vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steaks, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables and steaks from grill; cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces. Carve steak into thin slices.
- Combine cooked vegetables, grapes, olives, parsley and feta cheese in medium bowl; stir gently to combine. Serve steak with potato mixture.
Nutrition information per serving: 409 calories; 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 68 mg cholesterol; 385 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 30 g protein; 9.6 mg niacin; 1.0 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.5 mg iron; 29.7 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 133 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.